Posted by Tom
Feb 27th 2009 - 12:57 PM
A collaborative project from a team of creators on Neo ‘how-many-years-will-it-take-to-get-my-account-approved’ GAF has now been completed and released to the community.
The project aimed at delivering the definitive experience of the 1987 arcade game, Contra (also known as Gryzor and Probotector), to LittleBigPlanet. The goal has been to recreate the 8 stages of the original NES version of the game, which the team has managed to achieve.
It’s a lot to take on and we believe this is the biggest community level building project in LittleBigPlanet to date. The eight levels and building team are as follows:
- Jungle: MisterAnderson - PSN: Leonidas2123
- Base 1: Orz- PSN: SaitoHalifax
- Waterfall: PSN - RyanardoDavinci
- Base 2: Orz- PSN: SaitoHalifax
- Snowfield: PSN: NinjaMicWZ
- Energy Zone: El_Beefo - PSN: El_Beefo
- Hangar: Jaeyden - PSN: Jaeyden
- Alien’s Lair: Donkey Show - PSN: gevurah22
Along with the release of the levels is a preview trailer. Check it out:
Impressive stuff! We’re off to play these levels right now. And with those new level search features released on Wednesday, it should be pretty easy to track these levels down